Pages

Monday 9 March 2015

One Fine Day Wedding Fair Sydney

I was so excited to attend my first ever wedding fair a couple of weeks ago, and One Fine Day was right up my alley. No commercial rubbish which I've come to expect from wedding fairs I've seen advertised, but absolutely full of inspiration and contacts for wedding planning. The selection of stalls spanned from wedding photography, to styling, catering, entertainment, catering, wedding attire and even car options for your big day. It all had that very 'Pinterest' hand-made bohemian feel to suit the modern bride, no diamantes or frills here thank you!





One of the my favourite things about the day was checking out all of the styling details on display, I cannot wait to start thinking more about colour scheme and table decorations for our own wedding. I will post soon about where we're at with our wedding planning so far but it's all just so exciting, especially for someone who loves list writing and inspiration gathering. 

I loved looking at how many options there are about table styling, when thinking of food at a wedding I always have these images of white round tables and chairs which wouldn't be my cup of tea at all. But a big long wooden Hogwarts-style table covered in flowers where everyone can eat together would be perfection. 









We definitely do not have the budget to hire a wedding planner or stylist so everything for our day will be hand-made and will be a joint effort between our family and friends. I am so lucky to be surrounded by beautiful, creative and helpful people so hopefully we will be able to achieve the wedding of my dreams without having to spend a small fortune. I will be posting ideas and plans as they move along and also DIYs too, as I have lots of ideas at the moment. 

Coming in close second to the lovely styling examples which were on display would have to be the amazing cakes and sweet treats which were laid out to look at. I think both food and entertainment are super important at any wedding to keep the guests happy, and I plan to have a beautiful dessert buffet at our wedding. I love the naked cake with fresh fruit and flowers and love that it's a modern take on the classic British Victoria sponge cake. I also love the styling with lots of wood and earthy vibes and this is something I would love to take onto our wedding styling. 





All of the vendors had gone to so much effort in preparing their stands for the event, and they all looked stunning. I'm dreaming of having an outdoor dance floor for our big day, with this kind of rustic posts with flowers surrounding it so we can dance beneath the stars. There were so many wedding photographers showing their work at the event which was lovely to have a look through, above are Studio Something and T-One Image




There were beautiful flowers on display too, everything was so beautifully styled. I'd really recommend visiting a One Fine Day wedding fair if you're planning your own wedding in Australia as it really is just full of ideas and inspiration and you go home feeling even more excited about your big day. There was an amazing fashion show of beautiful bridal gowns and lingerie to suit any wedding from formal ceremony to a beach resort venue. There was also lots of wedding entertainers singing which just made the atmosphere so lovely to walk around with their sweet songs in the background. Overall it was an amazing day to spend with your girlfriends getting excited about your big day! 






























 photo Scan29_zps22ea7d95.jpeg

1 comment:

  1. I randomly found your blog, but already love it! Everything is so beautiful! Great job!

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete


Back to Top