Pages

Thursday 12 March 2015

Green Smoothie Recipe (Raw, Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Vegan)

I haven't always been known for my healthy eating, and I by no means consider myself an expert in nutrition, but recently I've been really making an effort to clean up my act when it comes to eating. I am trying to go by the 80/20 rule, eating healthily 80% of the time and having treats for the other 20%. I will be posting a little more about looking after yourself on the inside as it's something I've become really interested in, and I'm currently on a wheat-free and low-dairy diet in an attempt to curb my acne without the help of medication. This green smoothie recipe is a favourite of mine for mornings when I can't be bothered to eat anything or for lunch times when I'm in a rush, it tastes really fresh and sweet - don't be put off by its green appearance!




I'm never one for measuring exact ingredients for anything, but I will list below the rough ingredients which I tend to use. I always experiment by adding new things and switching the ingredients up, so let me know what you usually add to your green smoothie.

Ingredients
1 handful of spinach
1 banana
1/3 of an avocado (which are really expensive and rubbish in Australia at the minute)
a bit of ginger
a few almonds
a cup of almond milk (I always use Inside Out almond milk as it's the most natural, unsweetened version)
1 cup of gluten-free vanilla protein powder (I use Clean Lean Protein as it's completely natural and vegetable based and dairy-free too)

Then it's just a case of throwing it all into the blender with some ice, it's really so easy and a great way to get all those great nutrients and vitamins into your diet. The banana and almonds will give you a great burst of energy and spinach and ginger have awesome immune boosting qualities. It's completely gluten and dairy free and it's super easy to drink. 































 photo Scan29_zps22ea7d95.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top