Pages

Tuesday 24 March 2015

January/February.

I've decided I'm not going to do favourites every month since I really don't buy many products these days it would just get repetitive, instead I will do a reflection post on my month. I literally cannot believe we are already coming to the end of March, I made so many goals for this year and I really need to get back on track. I'm in a really positive place at the moment and I have been for the past couple of years, focusing on positivity and feeling thankful is something I've found to be really rewarding. 
































During the first couple of months this year I made the decision that this would be the year that I stop taking the contraceptive pill. I've been taking Yasmin for roughly 5 years now, although I had a 6 month break, and I really don't like taking drugs of any kind. I've felt like I needed to continue taking Yasmin because it's the only thing which has cleared up my acne, but it isn't something I can take forever so now is as good a time as ever to stop. I've decided to cut wheat from my diet completely and keep dairy to a minimum, and soon I will start to take herbal supplements in preparation for coming off Yasmin in the next few months. It's a pretty scary step for me because last time my acne came back pretty much straight away, but I really don't want to keep putting synthetic hormones in my body so it's a step I need to take. Any advice on this would be great, I've been loving reading Katie's blog about her trials with naturopathy these past few months. 

For quite literally the last year or so I have barely shopped at all. This has been due to trying to save money, trying to shop ethically and because these days I place much less value on physical things. However my wardrobe is looking seriously tired right now, so I've been doing a lot of online browsing these past couple of months. I think its really important to come to the realisation that fast fashion just isn't sustainable or ethical, and realistically who wants their clothes to fall apart after washing them a couple of times? I am looking to invest in some key, good quality pieces soon, so I will keep you posted on my choices. 

Those are the two major things that were on my mind during January and February, besides that my time was filled with road-tripping, work, bunny appreciation and wedding planning. So many exciting things to look forward to this year and so many goals that I'm working towards. I feel like the next few months are going to be very exciting indeed. Watch this space. 

 photo Scan29_zps22ea7d95.jpeg





No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top