Pages

Tuesday 13 January 2015

Cranky Fins, Palm Beach

There's nothing I love more than going on a roadtrip and checking out new places. I love photographing roadtrip adventures and there's nothing like visiting new places to fill you with inspiration. Since Robbie and I managed to have nearly 3 weeks off together over Christmas, and his love of his new old car, we really took advantage of our opportunities to go on trips together throughout the last couple of weeks. Palm Beach is somewhere I've only visited once and have wanted to revisit for a while, the drive there is a beautiful coastal journey and we had heard good things about Cranky Fins


Both the outside and the inside of the restaurant where just a marine-themed dream, I loved every bit of the styling, with a pinata on the front table and buoys hanging everywhere, and of course the turquoise and white colour scheme. The floorboards where painted white and everything felt very eclectic yet thoughtfully put together. At first glance the menu seems pretty expensive but the portion sizes were huge so we shared a main course and an appetiser and there was too much food! 







We went for the fish and chips and scallop hush puppies, and I would highly recommend them both! The hush puppies were a bit of a wild card but when scallops, bacon and sweetcorn are listed as ingredients there's no way I can resist. They were absolutely delicious and not at all what I expected, they were some kind of fishcake but were pretty unique in flavour. The batter on the fish was really amazing, I'm really picky when it comes to battered fish but it was so light and tasty and there were so many fries! 







If you're planning a visit to Palm Beach anytime soon I would highly recommend checking out Cranky Fins, I really don't have a bad word to say about the place, and working in hospitality I'm pretty picky. The outdoor seating area was really cool with a lovely breeze and the food was delicious! Check out their website and facebook if you want to look at menus and plan a visit. 

 photo Scan29_zps22ea7d95.jpeg





1 comment:

  1. it's so nice to have some time off and to take little trips! i'm jealous, it's super gross where i am right now. that place looks so cool, i love the paint/floors. and hush puppies... are my absolutely favorite!

    -m.see
    http://blog.mollyseemeador.com

    ReplyDelete


Back to Top