Pages

Monday 8 December 2014

Brand Focus: Mac

Mac was the first high end beauty brand I ever splurged on back in my teenage years, and ever since then I've always loved the brand as a whole. I'm never one to buy their limited edition collections and I never go crazy with my make-up but a few of their products I have used daily for years. I love their bases, eyeshadows and lipsticks mainly but here are what I own by Mac and a few things I would like in the future.





If I had to chose one favourite Mac product it would have to be their Face and Body Foundation. I don't know why this product isn't raved about more often in the blogging community because it really does give the most beautiful dewy, natural skin-like finish and I love how build-able the formula is. The colour C4 is a little darker than my natural summer complexion but I love the warmth it gives to my skin, it really gives me a healthy glow. When I apply it with my Zoeva Silk Finish Brush it gives such a flawless finish, I can't find another foundation I love as much. The price is so affordable for a high-end brand as you get far more product for your money. I can't say enough good things about this base, so if you haven't tried it I would highly recommend giving it a go! 

The Studio Fix Fluid Foundation is a really popular base from their collection, I love their colour ranges in their ranges and this was my go-to foundation for years. I now find it too heavy and too matte to give me the finish I like these days, but when I feel I need a heavier coverage I mix this with my Face and Body and also during winter when my skins paler. 

Their Studio Finish Concealer also used to be my favourite concealer, I've been through copious amount's of pot's of this stuff! This shade is too pale for me at the minute but it really does a great job at disguising pesky blemishes and any redness which I do tend to get around my nose. It's also really affordable as a little bit goes a long way. 


Mac lipsticks are my favourite brand by far, I love the 'Cremesheen' finish the most and would love to collect a few more with this finish. They are pretty heavily vanilla scented so if you're not a fan of scented products of vanilla these won't be for you, but I find them really easy to wear on the lip, not drying at all. They have a crazy colour range and I love the packaging. These are the three I could find, are Flat Out Fabulous, about the only bold lipstick colour I own, Snob which was my favourite when I had blonde hair and Blankety, my current favourite. 


I love Mac eyeshadows and I would love to own a few more, all the ones I own I use regularly, hence the sorrowful broken looking quad which really needs replacing. There are so many different shades and finishes to chose from it's easy to see why so many people own a ridiculous amount of these shadows. I only own five as I try not to be too excessive with my make-up collection, theres only so many eyeshadows one girl can go through surely?! MBrown  favourite has to be Tempting, it looks great all over the lid and on the lower lash line for that Olsen twin bronzed eye look, its super easy to apply and always looks great. All That Glitters is a really popular shade and looks great with winged eyeliner. Charcoal Brown is a cool matte shade I use through my brows and Mulch is a dark shimmery brown shade. Brown Down is a creamy mid toned brown matte shade which looks great through the crease for a daytime look. 


The Mac 168 Large Angled Contour Brush was the first make-up brush I ever owned, I think I bought it when I was 16, and it's still going strong. I have washed this brush countless amounts of time and I still use it on a daily basis to apply contour. Strobe Cream is another product which I love, I either mix this with the Studio Finish Foundation or apply under Face and Body to give an extra glowy finish. It can be used as a highlight too so it really is a multi purpose product. Finally, my favourite blush and the beginnings of my cream blush obsession is Cremeblend Blush in Posey. This add's just the right amount of flush to my cheeks and I'm now looking to try some more creamy blushes! 



Wishlist: Lipsticks - Shy Girl, Pure Zen, Creme Cup and Nouvelle Vogue, Eyeshadows - Naked Lunch, Woodwinked and Antiqued.

 photo Scan29_zps22ea7d95.jpeg





No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top