Pages

Wednesday 19 November 2014

Lip Balm Collection

In the past year or so I have been consciously trying to downsize my beauty/fashion collection in an attempt to live by the mantra 'quality not quantity'. This is partly an ethical choice as I am fearful of the affects of fast fashion and partly due to me trying to be a bit more economic and realising where my priorities lie. I would rather spend my money on travelling, for example, than copious amounts of perfumes and shoes. I still have somehow acquired six lip balms which I feel is too many but compared to other people is probably not a lot at all. 






1. Lanolips 101 Ointment in Peach. This one was a freebee with Australian Elle magazine a couple of months ago, which can I just say has fast become one of my favourite magazines. Olivia Palermo was on the cover of that month so I couldn't resist picking it up and peach was the scent of Lanolips I was drawn to. Lanolips is a pretty iconic brand in Australia though I hadn't heard of it until I came here, this lipbalm is pretty nourishing and the peach smell is awesome but it's a bit sticky for my liking. For a free gift it's pretty good though as it's the full size product. 

2. Blistex Medplus For Lips. Now this lipbalm is my go-to and I always have a pot on hand, it's really affordable, you can pick it up from any drugstore and it does the job with no fuss. It has that kind of menthol soothing slightly tingling feel when applied to the lips which I know isn't everyones cup of tea but I personally like the sensation. Each pot lasts me such a long time and I have repurchased this numerous times, I couldn't recommend it enough. 

3. Blistex Intensive Moisturiser. This one was a spur of the moment pick up in Boots and to be honest I haven't really tried it out that much. The consistency isn't my favourite as it is very white and thick so I didn't find it sunk into my lips very easily. I will definitely give this another go though on evenings where I've spent the day at the beach and my lips might need that extra bit of moisture. 

4. Body Shop Papaya Lip Butter (can't find this on their website anymore, maybe they're discontinued). This was a gift from my mum and is my first ever Body Shop lip butter, I love the scent! It's not my favourite consistency I think I prefer the more oil based, gel like formulas whereas this is another slightly thicker one, and I think the scent could be a little too heavy for my liking. 

5. Boots Lipsalve (I can't believe this is £1 such a bargain!). This was a gift from my Grandad when I realised I had no lip balm with me whilst staying with my Grandparents. For some reason he has a stash of brand new tubes of these in a drawer, he's an odd man but the biggest babe I know. This really does the job, its unscented and it has SPF15 in it which I'm finding really handy now it's summertime over here in sunny Sydney! This is super affordable and I really recommend it. 

6. Blistex Cold and Allergy Lip Soother. Now if you know me you will now that I suffer quite badly with both colds and allergies, all year round, so when I saw this product in a kind of beauty outlet in Sydney I just could not resist picking it up. It only cost a few dollars and I actually really like the scent and consistency of the product, now whether it soothes my colds and allergies I'm just not sure.


Okay so these are the only six actual lip balms I own but one of my favourite products to use on my lips is the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream, I have used this product for years and is another one I keep repurchasing as it's such a versatile product which comes in really handy. Another honourable mention would have to be coconut oil, in the past six months or so I have been trying to use more natural products as I have become more and more concerned with the chemicals that surround us in everything we come into contact with. I will talk about this in more depth in another post but pure organic cold pressed coconut oil (this is the one I've been using) is beautiful when used as a lip balm and definitely one to try!

This post wouldn't be complete without including the lip balm products that I have been eyeing up to purchase in the future. The Clarins Instant Lip Perfecter is a product I have heard so much about by a brand which I really love so I've been wanting to buy one of these for a really long time. By Terry Baume de rose is a product I have heard about so much in the blogging/youtube world I would love to try it and I love anything rose scented. Korres Lip Butter is another lip balm loved in the beauty community and the dreamy packaging alone is enough to make me want to pick one up! 

I would love to know your lip balm recommendations and know how many you own!

 photo Scan29_zps22ea7d95.jpeg




No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top