Pages

Wednesday 25 June 2014

Kirbee Lawler

Kirbee Lawler is an illustrator, designer and kitsch-collector from Sydney. I've followed her Instagram for as long as I can remember, but when I lived in London I could only dream of one day meeting her and her beautiful bunny Beatrix. I was fascinated by her magical bedroom/workspace and her perfect doll-like style complete with a seemingly never ending collection of vintage dresses and cute clogs. As soon as I found myself in Sydney I just had to meet Kirbee, and let me tell you she's even cuter and smilier in real life! 




You can imagine how excited I was when Kirbee invited me to have a look around her bedroom, and of course the Beatrix cuddles were amazing, she feels like vintage velvet! Moving to a new city can be a difficult, especially when all your friends are literally on the other side of the world, but Kirbee has become a great friend and she always puts a smile on my face.





Kirbee could open up her own museum with all of the adorable vintage pieces that adorn her room. Every wall is lined with wonderful art work and trinkets and every shelf is covered in ceramic animals, not to mention her enviable collection of Blythe dolls. Now to a lot of people her room could potentially be quite terrifying, but to me its amazing, you can see where she draws inspiration for her daily sketches and beautiful detailed drawings. 



If you aren't already familiar with Kirbees work, definitely check out her instagram which she updates daily, to see her daily sketches and also her walking Beatrix on a pink harness and leash (come on, you can't get much cuter than that?!) Her Etsy is full of both amazing artworks to adorn your walls and also pieces you can wear. Meeting Kirbee has been such a delight, she's one of the rare people who's beautiful inside and out and her creativity and positivity is inspiring! 


 photo Scan29_zps22ea7d95.jpeg


No comments:

Post a Comment


Back to Top