July really has just flown by for me, I can hardly remember what I did or where the time went. My boyfriend and I have a couple of trips coming up, we're spending a long weekend with his family in Queensland next weekend and then we have an almost 3 week trip to the UK at the end of September, so I'm really trying to save for London shopping. With that in mind July was really about saving money so I can hit Oxford Street in October.
1. At home manicures and pedicures. Over the last year or so I've become used to getting a pedicure once every 3 weeks at the salon, and whenever I've wanted a perfect manicure I've headed to the salon too! Since I'm trying to save money at the moment and have been looking for an excuse to extend my nail polish collection I am now trying to perfect my at home manicures and pedicures. I will do a full post on this when I have got my routine down, but for now here are my current favourites, all by OPI, a classic top coat, All I want for Christmas (is OPI) and Did you 'ear about Van Gogh? The red is my absolute favourite as it works perfectly on both my fingers and toes.
2. Apples. Now this is a bizarre one I know, but I am really not a great lover of fruit but recently I have been obsessed with Pink Lady apples. I am eating at least 1 a day as they're such a delicious snack. I don't know what more I can say about apples but in July I was fairly hooked on these beauties!
3. My beautiful new Spell Byron Bay Raglan Shirt. I have had my eye on this for quite some time now, but after spotting a 20% off discount code and with free shipping within Australia I had to snap it up! It's my first piece from Spell, although quite a few of their pieces are on my wishlist, which I will post at a later date. This piece fits into my wardrobe perfectly incorporating everything I love, a soft distressed feel with a grunge vibe, and I love the pink sleeves. The quality is great and it was wrapped beautifully.
4. Mac Blankety and Blistex Cold & Allergy Lip Soother. I haven't bought a new Mac lipstick in so long, I think this one's got me hooked again! Blankety is the perfect nudish pink and was a lipstick I had heard so much about and so many people love I couldn't resist picking it up. I don't wear lipstick on a day to day basis but when I do it really makes me feel put together. Blankety is my new favourite and I'm looking forward to picking up some more Mac lipsticks in duty free. The lip balm was an impulse purchase but I generally love all Blistex product and this one has a lovely soothing scent and there's something comforting about it.
5. Reading, for the past year I've barely picked up a book and after forcing myself to get back into reading I'm hooked again. The fault in our Stars by John Green is a great easy read which definitely helped to ease myself back into reading on a regular basis. I can't even describe my love for The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, but I will save my musings on my recent reads for a separate post.
6. Meeting Kim from Sweet Monday, it is always a treat to meet people in real life whose blog you follow, especially when they're from the UK and you both happen to be in Sydney at the same time! Meeting Kim really brightened up my week and we spent the day chatting, going to brunch, exploring Manly and hanging out with Mr Biggs. Kim has done a blog post about our day here if you want to check it out, and I took some photos of her too which came out really well considering it was a very breezy day!